Saturday, May 15, 2010

Scream5

I was talking to my mom intensely about where to keep this and that in the room to change the decor of the house... and suddenly it struck to me ...Where is Aaru ???? Suddenly panic and anxiety rushed into my blood stream as it normally does by the slightest hint of not being able to see aaru where I expected.My third eye was permanently dedicated to her ... soon after she was born. Today I missed to check on her for like five minutes .... How could I ... I was cursing myself like anything . Her twinkling eyes were flashing in my eyes continuously ... and I was running around like a maniac. I tried to calm myself, because I had already panicked my mom, when I know that her age can not take so much of pressure. I said to myself..ok make a plan, first check all the rooms, I had already checked them twice, thought ok bathroom , she sometimes sits behind the doors when she gets angry with her "mom and dad" that's what she calls us these days. I have so many times heard her saying to her best friend ( one and a half feet tall teddy bear ) Balu " Balu .... this is my mam and daaaaaaad OK" :))) . I slowly opened the bathroom door as I had already hurt her twice by the door. Once I had very irresponsibly opened the main door, without realising she could be standing by the door and had hurt her toe nail so bad.... that it bled... she cried the whole night and next day and the nail finally came out completely and she could not wear her shoes for almost 3 weeks. Next I had put her in the bathroom in one of my stupid disciplinary moves , where in she got angry instead and closed the door and was waiting for her dad to come by the door, when i opened the door in panic thinking that she might lock it from inside, when her hand came under the door. This time it was not that bad though but it hurts when they get hurt and esp. when you do something stupid to become the reason. Then I was trying to see which door i missed suddenly I realised that there is a backdoor in the house, I rushed only to realise that it is wide open. Whenever I visit my mom in law's house in village or the town or to my mom's, like a maniac I keep closing the doors as soon as anybody exits from the house. Sometimes if I am busy with some work, I keep asking my husband or my mom in law or mom or whoever available not exactly whoever available but whom I trust to check the door and see where aaru is and today ??? I only panicked more, kept assuring myself, she is around dont worry just keep checking. I did not even know which direction to check.There were four straight roads I could see in front of my eyes , four long roads , and for a kid like aaru who is only scared of monsters and witches which I dont even know if existed also, she could walk in any direction. I just ran in random directions, my feet not supporting my mind everything looked hazy one because mind was giving me the signals I did not want to recieve and two because my eyes were watering unstoppably. I saw somebody on the street , it was dark with some street lights on, " Excuse me ... "I could not speak clear as I would not stop crying..still I thought If I dont try I will not be able to find her. "Have you seen a two and a half year old girl?" I suddenly thought aaru looked more like a boy may be I must say a boy, what was her dress, what is her birth mark... I could not remember anything. He did not seem to understand anything what I said..without wasting time I ran in other direction , it was an uphill , I kept running uncontrollably could not feel my feet but heart which was beating so hard , it felt like a drum. I saw few people sitting on the hillock under the canopies. I asked "Have you seen a two and a half year old kid , tall, fair, she... " Suddenly I realised they dont speak my language and are looking at me like aliens I could not figure out what to do... I dint even remember where was my mom , my husband ... everything felt so confusing.. I just wanted to cry hard but how could I, I had to keep searching ... I suddenly realised that there was an open canal dug near the house..I ran hard... kept running .I kept calling out on the road aaru do you want choci ?? do you want icecream? Do you want cashew? aaru mama will cry please some... Normally these things work with her , but today nothing was wrking. I came down to the canal .. saw in all directions called out her name and hoped she will show out from some direction. But she did not. Finally I thought the last chance is to jump in the canal may be ... Suddenly I cried out hard and turned to find aaru sleeping on the bed, hugging her dad..huh... I took two minutes to breathe in , eyes were wet, hands shivering.... God forbid. I thanked God for giving me such a wonderful and slept...

2 comments:

  1. What a deadly one! It scared me big time :D. Does Aaru hide behind doors? Kids who hide behind doors are very mentally active, for instance to scare my mom i hid behind kitchen doors ;D. Before sleeping, u better read out a fairy tale and may u get prince charms in ur dreams hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes when the dreams trouble you enough to make you jot down the terrors, that's the day you realize you have a gift. Good one... Keep the Pandora's Box open.

    ReplyDelete