Monday, May 31, 2010

Change happens in an instant, what is required is the Desire

I was wondering sitting one day how did it all start. Thanks to God that I am a privilleged mother who can see the life beginning from scratch. When you plan the baby, you mentally prepare yourselves that yes you are ready for a third one with you, you are going to be more responsible, you will not be able to do wild outings anymore and of course that you will not use any external barriers to stop the wonders of mother nature to happen ;) nobody stops you to add spices to the process. Nyways I am digressing :D the point is you do all that but the instant ..you give birth to a child and hold him/her in your hands... that instant is magical. You cant capture these things in photographs, nor can you explain what changes happen in your body or mind ... but your life ahead follows the consequences. Its natural to forget those things though but we learn in an instant and to my knowledge that instant can be defined by the moment you become curious , take a step and experience and as a consequence learn something. This instant if repeated leads to knowledge. I have seen my daughter learn things in such instants, they try and learn till the time we chip in and start telling them what is right and what is wrong. Like when they start to walk , they fall hundred times but they learn one day in an instant. First time they hold their brush right... only if you let them hold on their own.I sometimes wonder if our education system is sound enough to give us these magical instants. At least I was devoid of that system in my life. Rather my education was in central schools which I was proud of some time back... now also I am .. for they have taught us to respect culture, respect people irrespective of which class or religion they belong to. But education which i realised is nothing but the quest of constant curiosity and awareness of things around you, my schools failed. So many years of schools and college could not do what couple of days of solitude and meditation did. But it would have helped great deal if this process of knowing your surroundings had happened when you start to look around as an innocent child. I sometimes imagine if somebody had told me when i was trying to walk that I can't walk, its not human... may be I had never tried and walked. Thats the way most of us humans are. We even start doing certain things just because we know that others have also done it and normally look for people around us to decide if we should do this thing or not. We normally like to walk on the already explored roads because we want to be safe and dont want to take the chances. Right from getting up and brushing our teeth to sleep at night has been tried and tested and routined for us. We just follow it. I am not against following but I wonder if all of us had just done that... then who had time to think that we can fly one day and invent aeroplanes for us. Most of us like me complete engineering courses not knowing what they did and why they did... not knowing if this course could give answers to so many mysteries in the world, not knowing what all they could explore if they only plunged into the deep ocean of knowledge, get enlightened and invent their own things. For most of us being a scientist is too far but I feel most of us even failed to take the first step towards wisdom. Most of us dont even know why we r studying in a school, some get busy in creating robust scores , some struggle to just make it to the next class, when the motive is so much fun. Nobody told the kids that tell me what all books you want ... there are wonders hidden in there .. do you want to know how this train you are sitting in started to work? who invented it ..what was the principle? do you want to create one of you own... I wonder then how many of us could resist to unfold the mysteries of this beautiful wonderful world.

2 comments:

  1. The world changes so much to me after reading your post. Sometimes I am so stuck with my on routines, I feel so immobile - mentally. If you talk about schooling - yes its factories these days. The process out moulds of products which can do things mechanically and something that moulds something the society needs instead of bringing out the best in a child. Probably as parents the best thing we can give to kids is the hope to live, the joy of life and fun to seek as one walks down life. Maybe its not that easy :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely... I want the whole world to read this post be more conscious about surroundings rather than self.
    Always have that curiosity to see the world more than it is.

    ReplyDelete